A few months ago my wife bought a nice shag carpet with a high pile. And since that time my headache is how we are supposed to clean it. I’ve tried to use a few recipes for DIY remedies and asked a friend at a car washing service to clean this carpet. The results were quite temporary and expensive.
Being in a carpet cleaning business for many years, I’ve decided to make another investment and buy a vacuum for high pile rugs. I’ve been researching different U.S. and European brands for 2 weeks, thanks to my friends, managed to test all of the reviewed models. The outcome of my research and tests you may find below. Also, I will tell you how to pick the top-notch vacuums for cleaning high pile rugs.
How to pick vacuum cleaners for high pile carpets?
There are dozens of vacuum cleaning models, differing in configuration, design and, of course, price range. So how do you choose the best vacuum for carpets with a high pile? The main thing is to pick the device marked for “dry cleaning”.
Such models suck the trash from carpets with a powerful air suction pump. The gathered trash passes through a filter system that traps the dust. And the purified air returns to a room.
Also, take a closer look at the powerful vacuum cleaners with water filters.
For making the pile clean, it is better to choose a bristle brush attachment with a hard bristle to help lift even the dry and old dirt.
Important notice: carpets with high pile need to be cleaned weekly. Remember that even if you have a very powerful vacuum cleaner, one round of cleaning is never enough.
Top 5 best vacuum cleaners for high pile rugs:
- Bissell 9595A has a nice washable filter, with a very long cord and multi-cyclonic system for thorough cleaning;
- Shark can eliminate 99.9%, with a powerful anti-allergen technology, which is very useful if you have a pet. The cord’s length is 30 feet;
- Eureka NEU182A has height adjustments, extra-large capacity, and a very wide nozzle;
- Soniclean has very large front wheels, with a customizable vent system;
- Miele Complete C3 is equipped with HEPA air cleaning filter, and 4.5 L filter bag;
How do you cope with dirt in high pile carpets? Do you use vertical vacuums or carpet cleaning machines? I really want to know the best ways for carpet cleaning, so feel free to share your experience.
Video Tutorial: CleanView Bagless Vacuum Cleaner – Cleaning Dirt Tank