Choose the Best Steam Mop
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Steam Mops
9 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
All sealed floors such as hardwood, marble, ceramic tile, laminate, or stone require frequent and regular cleanup of the tiles, seals, and grout. A steam mop is one of the best devices to deal with dirt, dust, and messes on sealed floors. Steaming technology ensures cleaning and sanitizing without harsh chemicals, just with evaporating distilled water.Most models of steam mops are compact, lightweight, and maneuverable for comfy, easy, and effective manipulations. The volume of the water tank, the length of the power cord, if any, a pair of reusable and washable mop pads are features that matter to facilitate your cleaning routines and for incredible results on the floors. The shapes and designs of the mop head differ among manufactures. The most typical is a traditional rectangular head but consider other more advanced solutions as well.
More detailed analysis of the 5 Best Steam Mops selected by common experienced users and experts, some helpful tips and tricks, and additional information about the items you will see below in the comparison table and the Buyer’s Guide. Read carefully before making your final choice.
SHARK Handheld Steam Mop, Purple– the best for simple and user-friendly design
The mop is maneuverable due to its swivel steering control. The steam is generated very quickly and removes all dust, dirt, and grime effectively on the hard floors.
- Convenient cleaning with 2 sides of the mop
- Turn on steam when needed
- Sanitization of the surfaces without chemicals
- Smooth swivel steering
- Removes even old stuck dirt
- Easy to use and wash microfiber mop pads
- Recommended for all sealed floors
- Large water tank
- The tiles and the grout are shiny after steaming
- The power cord is long
- Attractive price
- The pads are white in color, so they look dirty over time
- Only distilled water should be used, not tap water
There is no trigger to push or pull. The steam is produced when you move the mop back and forth. You don’t have to apply any additional effort while steaming, this model moves easily and smoothly.
BISSELL Steam Mop Powerfresh Deluxe, Sapphire – the best for stubborn tough messes and fresh scent
Additional spot brush and a scrubby pad help you remove sticky muddy stains from the floor in seconds. Steam regulations have options for light or heavy evaporation, which allow you to sanitize all the hard floors without any detergents.
- Kills 99.9 percent of bacteria and germs without detergents
- Special spot brush for difficult sticky stains, which is stored onboard
- Measuring cup to fill the tank with water
- Only 30 seconds to warm up
- 2 settings for intensity of produced steam
- The long power cord to reach further
- 2 types of pads: soft and scrubby
- Scent discs to ensure freshness after cleaning
- Additionally, you can purchase special demineralized water solution for fresh odor
- Only 110 V
- Not very durable
For large areas, you can order some extra pads to change them in the middle of the job without the need to wash them. Use only distilled water and never add any aroma oils to the water tank, as indicated in the instructions. For a pleasant scent of freshness always use discs or special solutions.
SHARK Genius Steam Mop, Burgundy/Gray – the best for high quality and effectiveness
Rotate the head to clean with both mop sides for larger coverage.
Blaster function helps to get rid of old and tough stains in seconds. The Shark Genius mop features easy usage and storage, lightweight, maneuverability, and terrific results. Your floors will squeak under your bare feet, giving you a pleasant feeling of absolute purity.
- Three levels of steam control for different cleaning purposes
- Washable mop pad cleans with both sides
- Special dirt grip texture of the pad
- Direct channel of steam
- Extended zone of cleaning
- Consistent and steady distribution of steam over the mop head
- Easy and hands-free attaching and removing of the pad
- Steam blaster fights against stubborn sticky stains without detergents with spot targeted steam
- Versatile usage
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Quiet work
- The floors dry fast
- Require additional pads to manage large areas without washing
- The water tank is not detachable, you will need to use a special cup to refill it
Be careful with laminate, especially old low quality covering. The steam produced by the mop can damage the upper layer, make it bubble up and peel off at the corners. However, you can try it on a new laminate floor with a lower steam setting. It must be fine.
BISSELL Spinwave Powered Mop, Green– the best for high-tech cleaning solutions
It is simple to regulate the amount of water or solution with spray on demand. This Spinwave model is well-made and user-friendly in every detail with its swivel steering, rotating discs, and easy to fill the water tank. Only 2 buttons to switch it on/off and to spray will never make you feel confused with settings.
- Unique mop head design for better scrubbing
- Great for safe and delicate cleanup on sealed floors
- 2 types of washable pads: soft and scrubby
- Spinning pads decrease the effort you have to apply
- Spray when needed
- Swivel steering ensures high maneuverability
- Quiet work
- The water tank is comfy to fill
- Warm tap water is used and a solution
- No release /lock button on the pivoting handle
- When scrubbing, it produces some annoying noise
The unit starts spinning only when you lower the handle from the vertical position and the pads touch the surface evenly. Gliding is practically effortless. The pads are reusable and washable, suitable even for machine wash.
PURSTEAM Steam Mop Cleaner 12 in 1, Gray– the best for the whole house cleaning and sanitizing
It removes dust, dirt, grease from any surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, furniture, upholstery, and clothes without any chemicals, just with ordinary tap water. With several nozzles and brushes, it easily transforms into a handheld steamer suitable for any possible cleaning tasks.
- The triangular shape of the mop head copes with corners and edges
- Only tap water is required
- The floors look new and polished
- The fresh smell after cleaning
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Big water tank enough for the whole house
- Safe and delicate on any surfaces
- Convertible to a handheld steamer
- Safe sanitizing for people and pets
- Kills 99,99 percent of germs and bacteria
- Suitable for furniture, clothes, curtains, carpets, etc.
- Adjustable steam settings
- It takes time to damp the mop pad in the beginning
This Pursteam Multifunctional steam mop can easily cope with all the surfaces and messes in the bathroom, even the shower, and the carpet. There is no need to use different cleaning devices. In the end, you receive sanitized and perfectly clean surfaces.
The Buyer’s Guide
Important features to pay attention to when choosing your ideal steam mop
Keeping all sealed floors clean takes lots of effort daily, especially for those who have small kids and pets at home. This task seems impossible without a steam mop, which can not only wipe the floor and remove dirt, dust, pet hair, messes, but also sanitize the surfaces, killing 99.9 percent of bacteria and germs. The evaporating boiling water takes care of the health and hygiene of your family and animals without any harmful chemicals.
Required liquid or other consumables
Some models require only distilled water to produce steam. For the others tap water suits well with or without additional cleaning solutions. Always check and consider the needed consumables for a definite model to understand the whole cost and the principle of work. Special scent discs are recommended with several models to leave a fresh smell after cleaning.
Steam level regulation
The regulation of steam production is significant for different types of floors. For example, for laminate, delicate steam care is recommended not to spoil the surface. The option of choosing light or heavy steaming will be helpful for those who have to deal with different sealed floors. If you look for a mop to keep tiles in your small kitchen clean, don’t bother with it a lot.
Several models boast of a detachable hand steaming unit, which can clean and sanitize any pieces of the interior in your house, such as furniture, upholstery, curtains, and even clothes.
Other tips for Steam Mops buyers
- Multifunctional doesn’t always mean the best for you. First, analyze your real needs. Everything depends on the volume of work you plan to cover with the device. However, additional functions, nozzles, or brushes won’t be useless, no doubt.
- To clean the grout and the seals it’s better to use a special steam mop brush and a solution of water and ammonia( 50/50 concentration), which you have to spray on the floor before cleaning.
- Be careful with the steam, it is hot as boiling water. Though some mops use only warm tap water, so it’s safe.
Useful Video: Bissell Powerforce steam mop vs bathroom
An ordinary steam mop or a multifunctional super cleaning device can cope with sealed floors perfectly, though everything depends on your personal cleaning needs, the amount of work, and its variety. All 5 selected models will facilitate your cleaning routines in the kitchen, bathroom, or living room. One of these steam mops will undoubtedly become an indispensable assistant in your home.