Choose the Best Hoover Carpet Cleaner
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Hoover Carpet Cleaners
7 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Many people use carpets to make their accommodation more comfortable and cozier. However, this type of flooring requires special care. There are many tips for wet and dry carpet cleaning, but it will be difficult to achieve good results without a reliable cleaning machine. This device can easily cope with dust, small debris and pet hair. Cleaners with a washing feature can remove even the heaviest stains and spills. You can choose appliances with different power, suction intensity, level of noise, number of nozzles, cord length. The price of the model will depend on these characteristics.
How does water cleaner work?
The mechanism sprays water through a special nozzle on a dry surface and then sucks it back. The processed liquid with all the dirt and dust returns to a different container. This effective method saves much time and effort.
The principle of the performance is quite simple – water circulates through two tanks:
- one is meant for clean water mixed with a cleanser;
- the other is for the processed water.
The benefits of these cleaners are obvious:
- quick and easy processing of carpet coating;
- the possibility to clean upholstered items and some vertical surfaces;
- humidification of the air;
- air filtration as the dust accumulates in the water tank without dispersion;
- possibility to wash hardly accessible places.
This wide selection of various features often puzzles customers when they are making a choice. What features are the most important ones? In this article, you will learn about 5 most frequently purchased models of Hoover carpet cleaners.
Hoover FH50150 – the best appliance for carpet deep purification.
The Smart Tank feature makes all manipulations with container and water change fast and easy. The device automatically prepares the correct proportion of water and cleanser.
- Spinscrub Brush technology;
- Dual Nozzle for improved suction;
- Smart Tank feature;
- Heated Drying option;
- Auto mixing of washing solution.
- Some users mentioned tank leakage issues;
- It does not operate as a regular vacuum cleaner.
This device will become an indispensable home helper for everyday cleaning. The super-strong suction turns it into an effective tool to fight the worst-soiled areas including pet stains. The set includes additional heads for the staircase and soft furniture, a special tool for crevices, and several samples of specialized cleansers. Easy assembly and fast drying feature make this cleaner very popular for everyday home use.
Hoover FH50700 – an excellent combination of power and compact size.
- PowerSpin rolling brush;
- HeatForce fast drying feature;
- Very small weight and dimensions make it space-saving;
- It does warm up water;
- No additional tools are enclosed;
- This cleaner is too weak for excessive contamination;
The cleaner is attractive due to its good performance and good compactness. The low profile fit greatly contributes to the final purifying result. With this appliance, the everyday cleaning chores stop being that time-taking. Though, you should think of a more powerful option if you intend to do a lot of cleaning or have very heavily contaminated areas. It will be very productive for other surfaces either.
Hoover FH52000 – a cleaner with fully automated features.
There are no extra buttons here, the cleaner intuitively washes or dries the carpet depending whether you or pull it. The pack contains a special pet tool and some samples of detergents.
- Flex force power brushes;
- Heat Force drying feature;
- Auto modes for cleaning and drying;
- Triggerless design of a handle;
- Removable nozzle;
- No water heating function.
The main benefit of this device is the full automation of its features. You will enjoy the auto cleaning motion sensor that clearly distinguishes whether to clean or dry. Even cleaning solutions are auto prepared. The appliance will delete old dirt and pet stains with no effort. It is a truly powerful cleaner every homeowner will appreciate.
Hoover FH50251PC – an improved upright cleaner with super-fast drying.
You will also get a Pet Tool and an extended hose that can be used on stairs and various soft furniture. There is an auto control of the liquid proportion.
- Drying time is only 45 minutes;
- A special pet tool;
- Spin scrub technology;
- Spacious tanks;
- Auto detergent mixing;
- It is not advisable to use the device on the hard floor as it may scratch it.
This vertical cleaner works with all types of carpeting. Besides, it is also good for soft furniture. It is fine to use hot water for cleaning to improve the result. The machine copes well with pet’s hair and all types of pollution. A quick-drying option allows you to plan cleanups for any time.
Hoover FH11300PC – a perfect portable tool to fight all types of stains.
You will have a chance to test samples of pretreating gel and detergent.
- It is designated for carpets and soft furniture;
- Due to the low weight, the cleaner is easily portable;
- Double tank feature isolates used water;
- Self-cleaning function protects the cleaner from bad odors;
- A special rubber tool with antimicrobial effect;
- It is not appropriate for large area cleaning;
- Some users complain about water tank leakage.
Overall, the machine is designed mainly to cope with small areas, and you may struggle if you decide to clean the larger surfaces with it. It is not recommended for dry clean only materials. The pack includes samples of Hoover Expert detergents that boost the cleaner’s performance.
The Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a carpet cleaner, it is crucial to pay attention to the following criteria:
Suction power is a very strong argument in favor of choosing a particular model of carpet cleaner. Insufficient power (300 W) of the device will allow only refreshing a carpet. Higher power (up to 450 W) is needed if you need to process carpets with a high pile or strong dirt (for example, pet messes). Many modern cleaners have a power switch that allows you to choose one or another mode of operation depending on the coating and the degree of contamination.
Tank volume and design
When selecting a carpet cleaner, it is advisable to estimate how much work you expect it to perform. The more water you can fill, the longer you will work without wasting time on water replacement. Usually, liquid tanks are designed for a volume from 0.5 to 2.5 Gal. The ease of maintenance of the device largely depends on the water tank construction. After all, after each cleaning, they must be washed and wiped, and this procedure should take as little time as possible.
Compact machines often have good maneuverability and they do not need much space for storage. However, mini cleaners often do not include additional filters, have low power and often break. At the same time, full-fledged cleaners require additional space for storage but have many winning features, the ability to install multiple nozzles and adjustable power options.
It is another meaningful parameter for household equipment. The noise level is measured in dB units. For this type of household appliances, the average noise level is set from 71 to 80 dB. The design features of modern technology are aimed at reducing the noise level even in powerful devices, reducing the vibration of running engine turbines.
- It is vital to pay attention to hose and cord length. These should be able to provide the optimal reach. Convenient cord length is considered to be 15ft and more and hose should be at least 8ft.
- Warranty period. The standard servicing period for vacuum and washing cleaners is from 1 to 3 years. Free maintenance can be provided for 3-5 years.
- Some appliances have improved operational modes. These features help save time spent on cleaning and drying. So cleanups can be conducted at any convenient time.
Some manufacturers enclose some additional tools to the main device. It is always a benefit as various nozzles will help remove dust in cracks, collect liquid, get rid of stains, refresh upholstery without damaging the materials.
Hoover offers a large selection of different models of carpet cleaners. When choosing this household appliance, pay attention to its dimensions, weight and additional features. At first glance, these are small things, but they can greatly simplify the whole process. It is also advisable to read reviews, watch video tutorials to have a clearer idea of its performance. You may also request additional information from the online stores. We hope that this article will give you some useful hints on making the right choice and you will be happy with the performance of the purchased device.
Video Tutorial: Hoover Blaze Pets Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner Unboxing, Assembly & First Look